Tuesday, May 27, 2008

On Working Abroad

Singapore is a hot topic here in our work. When we hear people resigning, the reason would be because they will be going to Singapore. What the heck is with this Singapore craze anyway? (Although I know most of the people here are no longer enticed with the so called Call Center or BPO world). So I used my hands, keyboard and Google. This led me to the PinoySG site where I found different links of Singapore Salary Guide.

Singapore Salary Guide 2007

Robert Walters - Slightly older but still worth checking out

Payscale.com - conducts regular surveys of salaries per country and profession

Jobstreet Salary Report

Contactsingapore Salary per Profession

MEDIAN MONTHLY BASIC AND GROSS WAGES OF SELECTED OCCUPATIONS BY AGE IN ALL INDUSTRIES
http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/etc/medialib/mom_library/mrsd/row_2006.Par.66566.File.tmp/2006Wages_table5.xls
http://www.contactsingapore.sg/home/index.php/eng/working_investing_in_singapore/employment_packages/salaries_by_profession


Now I know where these people are getting their motivation from. And I understand that it really is worthy of the risk that you will take.

And why am I so concerned about this? Well, my husband is currently looking into that direction, meaning he is thinking of working abroad. When he asked me about it, I told him that it's up to him because I really don't know how to respond to him. My heart is telling me to say "No" but my mind (and stomach) says "Yes." I know how it feels to be apart from him because he used to work in Batangas. It breaks my heart and I am always worried about him. And that is the reason why I asked him to look for a job here in Pampanga, so that he can be with us all the time.

I know it will be very difficult for all of us but I told him that even if he will work abroad, it shouldn't be forever. And we are really praying for it, if it is God's will for us to make that sacrifice for our daughter, then we will do it. But honestly, I don't want to think about that day when God will grant our prayers because it'll be a dramatic day for me, which I know will last for weeks, months, years.

I really dont want to think about it coz it brings tears in my eyes, even while I am just writing about it. But I know that there is always sunshine after the rain so happiness is next after those tears. Because that is all I want for my family, happiness.

No comments: