Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Mother's Pride

My friend Arlene and I were talking about life, coz right now she and her husband are both working on having a baby. I told her that there are a lot of sacrifices in planning to have a baby, while conceiving a baby and even after giving birth. But once you get to see your baby, you will easily forget all those sacrifices. It's true, nothing beats the happiness that you will feel when you have a baby. And that is why, no matter what, you will always fight for you baby, you will always adore your baby and you will always be proud of him/her. True enough that my motherhood was tested a few days back. I dont want to elaborate things here but I really got hurt when someone indirectly said negative things about my baby (well that is my interpretation). My natural reaction was to indirectly defend her of course. And that is how I realized that I am very lucky to have her as my daughter and I am really proud of her because...

She is so talented that she knows how to sing tagalog and english nursery rhymes (such as "Tong, Tong, Tong," "Bahay Kubo," "Ako ay may lobo," "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," "Rain Rain Go Away," "Are you sleeping?" and "I have two hands") The Alphabet Song and count from 1 to 12. And she is only 2 and half years old. She even recorded a song in the singshot.com site which I have saved privately.

She brings so much joy in my family like when we have get together on special occassion she would always sing and dance for them. And then my sisters and brothers would give her some candies and at times she would have 20 pesos in her pocket. At her age, I think she can bring home the bacon (just kidding...hehehe)

She is so sweet that she would even say "I love you" unexpectedly. Lately, she is saying those words in tagalog "Mahal mahal kita Mama." I think she learned that phrase from the telenovelas that my mother in law and niece were watching during the afternoon.

She knows how to use to mouse, move it around, place the pointer in the correct location and left click. Thus, she can now play Cake Mania, Dora's "Say it Two Ways," and Blues Clues' "Use Your Imagination."

She learned how to ride a bike at age 2 and she even use our big three-wheeler bike now while we stroll inside our subdivision.

She no longer wear diapers during daytime. Thanks to Ate Jenny for helping us train our little kiddo. Hopefully we can teach her how not to peepee during nighttime. But I guess that would be another challenge for us.

She also knows how to swim on her own (with a life vest of course). She is so brave that she would even take a slide into swimming pool or jump into the pool all by herself. I know that is kinda dangerous so what I do is just to be near her when she does her swimming tricks. Coz she doesnt want you holding her when she is trying some new things. And we are giving her some independence so she can learn things on her own.

She knows how to make friends to strangers specially to kids. She will start a conversation by simply saying "Hi!" Would you believe that a lot of people in our subdivision know her and those people doesn't even know us (as her parent).

I know she has imperfections, but those imperfections are becoming my strengths because that is when my parenthood is being tested. Whenever she acts in a not so normal way, my patience is tested. Whenever she reacts negatively to what I say, my love for her is being tested. And I would just then think of what my sisters would always say "Hey she is just a kid and that's normal. Just let her enjoy life and be there to guide her."

Because whatever happened the whole day, when we go to bed, me and my husband would always tell her "I love you baby" and she would then respond "I love you, Mama," "I love you, Papa."

And that is what matter's most, our love for each other.

2 comments:

Len said...

she's indeed a blessing to everyone - to you and gilbert especially! no comparisons needed - she's simply the best!!! akalingwan mung kena ken na photographer in the making ya rin :)

Minette said...

Thanks sis! Wa ne, akalinguan ku din. =)