Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sacrament of Matrimony

Last saturday, we attended one of our friends' wedding. I remembered the sermon to the newly weds (and to other couples too including us). The priest said that couples would only need to remember 3 C's in marriage and that is : Communication, Committed Love and Christ. I definitely agree with the priest. Let me tell you why.

Communication
I remember when we were on our first year of marriage, I have a hard time expressing my feelings with my husband. When I am angry, I just decided to keep my mouth shut and let the pain subside. But I guess, the pain remained in my heart coz everytime we have disagreements, I would always remember what happen in the past and suddenly, I will not talk to him anymore. So he told me once, "why dont you tell me what 's wrong? Hindi ko naman nababasa ang laman ng utak mo (I cant read what's on your mind)." Well, he has a point, he deserves some explanation and if I really want to make this marriage work, then I need to tell him everything. And that is also the reason why marriage is also considered as a partnership. Well, now, we talk about everything and anything...our wildest dreams, failures, heartaches, finances and so on and so forth. My list will be endless. But the gist is kahit ano. May it be good or bad, big or small, sweet nothings, just share thoughts and feelings with each other.

Committed Love
Why would you marry a person in the first place? It's because of your love for him or her and that you are willing to commit yourself for the rest of your life with that special someone. Your Wedding day will be the start of your commitment (But for others, I guess it even started way before marriage, just like us). Let me remind myself of what I told my husband during our wedding day:

"Grant us o Lord To be one heart and one soul From this day forward For better or for worse For richer or for poorer In sickness and in health Til death do us part. Amen"

Christ
I would not say that when you put God as the center of your relationship, everything will be alright. Of course, there would always be disagreements and temptation. There would always be bad days. But if you have God in your relationship, you will know how to handle such unfortunate and undesirable events in your life.

And I just would like to add a simple yet effective act that you can do everyday to keep that love alive. Never fail to Say "I Love you" everyday. (I love you babe!)

So now its your turn to tell me how do you maintain that loving relationship with your partners?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

uuhhmmm very well said...

i agree to those 3C's

i wish after a long years vhonn and i would stay this way - happy and contented.

never a day passed without those 3 word - i love you hon mwuah*