Sunday, November 11, 2007

Using Unionbank's EON Card on Paypal Part 1

Patience is a virtue...

When you are faced with financial crisis, you tend to get irritated when "expected cash" are delayed. Who wouldn't be? If you will search on the Internet, you would find out that Paypal is now working on the Philippines. When I read about it, I got excited coz finally I can use this well-known and frequently utilized money transfer service without any problem. Those were my thoughts...

Through online research, I did learn that I need to get a VISA card to have my paypal account verified. And Unionbank's EON card (Visa Electron) came up as one of the options. Because it's cheap (350 pesos), I applied for EON Visa Card online and got my card in about a week.

FYI: I applied for an EON Visa Card last Oct 24, 2007 and Received a letter from Unionbank Customer Service saying "We are also pleased to inform you that your EON Card will be made available to your preferred UnionBank servicing branch after three(3) banking days from today." on Nov. 5.

Then, I immediately tried to add my EON card on Paypal but guess what?!? I was unsuccessful.... I received the an error message.





Thanks to Google coz I was able to locate blogs that talk about the same problem (Jozzua,
chibilicious
and Nierva) . One said that I need to have a CyberAccount activated and that I have to deposit at least 90 pesos on my EON Account. So, I register my card online to activate my EON Cyberaccount. I received the message that says, I needed to wait for 48 hours to be able to access my EON Account online. (more patience....).

Now, Im on my third week and have just deposited 500 pesos on my account. When I tried to Add the Card on my Paypal, the same message appeared. I'm starting to lose my patience now but when I read posts from blogs, others are now able to use EON on Paypal. I just emailed the blogmasters as well as the Unionbank relationship manager to ask for advice as what I should do next.

I never thought that this is a tedious process but I really need to make this work so I should be more patient...

Using Unionbank's EON Card on Paypal Part 1 (current page)
Using Unionbank's EON Card on Paypal Part 2
Using Unionbank's EON Card on Paypal Part 3

No comments: